Friday, August 14, 2009

A is for Awesome... and Asphalt.

Thanks to all who came out to the Asphalt Orchestra shows at the Lincoln Center last week. We just finished up our week of debut performances in the Out of Doors Festival and I'm happy to say that I am a part this fantastic group of musicians. I'm grateful for the opportunity to play music, in general, but this has been a gold star in my personal book of strange and beautiful accomplishments/experiences. It's funny little book. Ask me about it some time.

It was also pretty freakin' exciting to be back stage when Dave Brubeck was playing, as well as M'shell Ndegeocello, (Rhys Chatam's) 200 Electric Guitars and lots of other really rad stuff. I mean, really. Wow.

It turns out that we were a pretty big hit and received a lot of press from multiple magazines and blogs. I mean, Kenny Wollesen likes us, and he's f-ing super. He's also one of my favorite drummers of all time. He also bought me a beer. He's cool.

Check it out:


And here's a video of "Champagne!" (Goran Bregovic) taken by my dear friend, the great Isabelle Selby-Linaburg:



______________


So, we're definitely going to be back soon with some random Lincoln Center Outreach shows throughout the year, and as far as we know, another appearance in next year's Out of Doors Festival. Maybe a tour? Maybe an album? Maybe action figures? Who knows? Things are only going to get more... awesome. Stay in touch. Keep an ear open.

This city is having its way with me... in a very good way. I'll be back in Charleston this weekend. I'm ready to sweat. Ready. So ready...



cheers,
Nick