Friday, October 08, 2010

Hello to all,

I am taking this opportunity to reach out/share some information about my 3rd annual (sorry about the absence of last year's) personal calendar. I am trying to make the proper arrangements so that this thing gets a proper "birth" and into the hands and homes of those who want/need them. I was a little distracted last year. Thank you for your concern.

And so, back by popular demand, I am glad to announce that October 15th will be the official day of "pre-order" madness for the new "Wake Up, It's Today!" 2011 Calendar. Themes of this future collection of original drawings will include, yet are not limited to, vivariums, daydreams, dystopias, and... robots. Your pre-orders will help me to gauge how many people are interested, how many I can/should make, how many loonies are actually in my immediate social network, etc.

The official release date of the new calendar babies upon the world will be November 14th. It is a Saturday. The exact time of day and location are still to be determined.

This has been a very special introspective process for me to work through, as these illustrations are made from just black India Ink on paper. I had been wrestling for the longest time with the decision to add color to these drawings or to leave them black/white, but I have finally surrendered and learned to "let it be". I would almost go so far as to say the new calendar is a coloring book! Maybe I won't, but... I'll let you be the judge.

Samples of the new calendar will be up for viewing here on the said date. Feel free to poke around the site and see last year's images.

This year's calendars will be sold for $20.

Please check back soon for more info and send any inquiries to:
paperjenkins at gmail dot com.

I sincerely appreciate your interest and support of my many crazy ideas. Thanks to everyone and anyone who have helped make projects like this in the past a huge success. You are awesome.


yours,
Nick Jenkins
aka Paper Jenkins aka Mr. Jenkins aka That Guy