Sunday, December 19, 2010


//


A couple of nights ago, I played a solo gig at an art show. A colleague of mine, Tim Hussey, an established painter and illustrator, had an opening showcasing the last 10 years of his work (a retrospective, if you will) at City Gallery in Charleston, SC and asked me to provide some sounds for the evening. 


I'll try to dig up some photos of my set up from the 2.5 hour set to share, but in the meantime check out this great video shot by Adam Boozer. That was indeed 2.5 hours of footage... compressed into under a minute. Fascinating. 


The track is from my album 8Bits+Pieces (released August 2010). You can listen to the track/album for free and/or buy the individual track/album HERE.


There were a lot of bodies in the house. It was grand time. I played some strange + beautiful music. I got weird. It was worth it. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. 


Thanks again to Tim for having me. Thanks to Ron Wiltrout (NMC) / Dan McCurry for the additional gear and equipment. More to come from Mr. Jenkins: Portable World in 2011. Stay tuned.


- - -