Monday, January 09, 2012

1
Music I Was Happily Fortunate To Enjoy Last Night At NYC Winter Jazzfest 2012
as played by:

Jason Ajemian & The Highlife
Sifter w/ Mary Halvorson, Matt Wilson, Kirk Knuffke
The Bernie Worrell Orchestra (w/ special guest: Gary Lucas)
Shahzad Ismaily, Ches Smith, Mat Maneri
Mostly Other People Do The Killing
Jesse Fischer & Soul Cycle (feat. Casey Benjamin)

[ Pardon me for not linking. I trust that your mere curiosity will be enough for further exploration/research of the artists listed above. ]

I will say that Mary Halvorson and Ches Smith are both doing great things with their music right now.

I have no profound writings or descriptions of what I saw, other than simply to say that I loved all of it 
and that I love music. I am very grateful for the sounds I have heard in this lifetime, the soothing and the harsh; 
the painful and glee; the mystery and the math; the near and far; the bounce and the bore of it; the now and the not-yet; etc. 

---
2
This book is really blowing my mind right now:
Big Questions, by Anders Nilsen

---
3
Asphalt Orchestra is up to good things right now. Rehearsals for the Metropolitan Museum Of Art are underway. If you can, maybe you could at least seriously consider making a trip to the museum on the 20th of January. I foresee a grand time had by all. 

---
4
"And she weeps on my arm 
Walking to the bright lights in sorrow
Oh, drink a bit of wine 
We both might go tomorrow 

Oh, my love

And the rain is falling and I believe my time has come.
It reminds me of the pain I might leave behind 

Wade in the fire
Wade in the fire"

- Jeff Buckley's "Grace" (from Grace, 1994)

This album STILL remains one of my all time favorite albums... ever. 

---
5
Keep hope alive. Keep chasing the dream(s). Peace. 



- Mr. Jenkins